We Work With Only The Best
At Global Surveying Consultants, we work closely with highly experienced engineering consultants that we can bring in on projects as needed, allowing engineering work when required, but enabling us to minimize overall costs for our clients. Our engineering consultants can focus on everything from conceptual design through final design and specification packages, in order to maximize the benefits of every dollar expended. Their depth of experience includes site development, grading, drainage and layout, storm water handling, water distribution, sanitary sewer design, roadway design, and subdivision layout and design, etc.
Ecological Design Group, Inc.
In 2012, to further expand services to our client, GSC teamed up with Ecological Design Group, Inc. EDG is an environmental design firm comprised of landscape architects and a civil engineer with the goal of conserving energy and other natural resources through the creative design of outdoor spaces. The savings in energy are related to the planting of vegetation for climate control, the orientation of buildings for minimizing solar loading in the site planning of a facility, and the reuse and harvesting of rainwater. Through their innovative design approach, which includes consulting with botanists and biologists, they are able to contribute significantly to both the functional and aesthetic success of a project.
EDG is an Arkansas small business corporation founded in 2008 by Martin L. Smith, created as a spinoff of Smith’s previous firm, Larson Burns & Smith, in which he was a principal for 8 years. With 17 years experience consulting on environmentally sensitive projects in Austin, Texas and throughout Arkansas, his projects have been widely recognized for their environmental design excellence.
Specialized areas of practice include the following:
- Ecological Restoration
- Wetland Planning/Design
- Trail Design Retention
- General Civil Infrastructure Design
- Agro Ecology
- Public Urban Spaces
- Parks/Recreation Planning
- Campus Planning/Design
- Basin/Stormwater Collection
- Commercial Development
- Roadway/Transportation Design
- Sustainable/Low-Impact Development
- Heifer International: an ecologically sound development designed as an educational showcase for environmentally sensitive construction.
- Winrock International: a low maintenance design using native prairie plantings and a non-potable irrigation system.
- Big Dam Bridge Plazas: a functional public space that incorporates the concrete monuments cut from the existing dam buttress to create a unique opportunity to directly connect the plazas back to the Murray Lock and Dam.
Note: The above listed projects were completed while doing business as Larson Burns & Smith.
- William E. Clark Presidential Wetlands: the creation of a restored sandbar habitat which will provide a living outdoor classroom focused on natural ecology, aquatic life and aquatic vegetation within a riparian zone.
- Arkansas State Veterans Cemetery – Birdeye: a picturesque setting and creative site design which takes advantage of the natural beauty and existing ecology while memorializing and honoring the lives and service of veterans.
- The Village at Hendrix – Hendrix Branch Stream Restoration: re-creation of a balanced ecological system while developing a model for future stormwater management in urban areas.
Kelton Price, P.E.
Kelton Price, P.E. was established as a Civil Engineering Design and Consulting Firm in 2005. Kelton has worked closely with various governmental agencies, surveying firms, architectural firms, and private developers providing civil engineering design and consulting services throughout the state.
Kelton Price, P.E. partners with surveying professionals to provide best in service from preliminary investigation through to field supervision of any project. Kelton has over 13 years experience in providing civil engineering design and consultation.
Prior to establishing his own design and consulting firm, Kelton was Vice President and Principal Engineer at Global Consulting Services from September, 2002 through April, 2005. Before that, he was employed by AMI Engineering, Inc as a civil engineer for 7 years.
Kelton has a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Arkansas State University.
- Pediatrics Plus Therapy/Daycare Center, Conway, Arkansas – Civil engineering design, including site grading and drainage of the 2.8 acre site, parking layout, water and sewer design and services, and preparation of construction documents.
- The Auto Spa Carwash, Eureka Springs, Arkansas – Site layout to optimize use of the 0.8 acre site, vehicular circulation through and around the facility, grading and drainage, utility services, and landscaping to meet city requirements.
- Arby’s Restaurant, Sherwood and Pine Bluff, Arkansas – Incorporated the owners/developers’ standards for building and site layout on the individual sites, grading and drainage, utility services, landscaping, and coordinating with city planning departments for city specific design requirements.
- Cumberland Manor and Metropolitan Village, Little Rock, Arkansas – Responsible for all aspects of civil engineering site design of the 16-acre site, including: public and private streets, enclosed storm drainage, site grading and drainage for individual buildings, applying ADA standards, parking layout, utilities both new services and relocations.
- East Arkansas Community College, Forrest City, Arkansas – Routed and relocated utilities (water and sanitary sewer), as well as provided for drainage design for the project site.
- New Building Facilities for Public Schools, Wicks-Umpire, Wickes, Forman, and Mena, Arkansas – Site layout, grading, drainage, and utilities for multiple building locations in various areas and terrains, and coordinated designs and construction to integrate with the existing development on the property.
- Arkansas Professional Engineer #10650
- Mississippi Professional Engineer #15800
Marion Scott Foster
Scott is owner of Arkansas Surveying & Consulting, Inc. since 2004. He has over 20 years of experience in this industry.
Prior to owning his own company, he was a partner with Land Research, Inc., a regional land surveyor for Duck’s Unlimited, an Instrument man and Party Chief for Kittler and Associates, as well as for the City of Little Rock, a GPS technical support for Sterling Instruments and a survey department manager for White Daters and Associates. He also was an Instrument Man and Party Chief, EFE for Ed Fryar Engineering, Tail Chainman, Head Chainman, Instrument Man, Party Chief, and Computer Operator for the City of Little Rock, and Tail Chainman, Head Chainman, Instrument Man, and Party Chief for Thomas Engineering.
Scott has a degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in Civil Engineering and Land Surveying.
- FTN and Associates – FEMA contract number EMT-2002-CO00500 Task Order No. 5. Performed professional services for riverine/coastal flood restudies within FEMA region VI, including: Vertical and Horizontal Control, research and establishment of both Vertical and Horizontal Control, analysis of field data and post processing into FEMA data format, Valley Cross Sections (193 cross sections total), location and detailed mapping for all structures (pipes, box culverts, bridges, etc. 36 structures total). This project covered the Little Maumelle River, Nowlin Creek and Kinnley Creek with cross sections every 900’ for a total of 35 miles.
- Arkansas Electric Coop and First Electric Coop – Ongoing projects Avilla Transmission line (Avilla to Benton), Union Valley Distribution Line, Luber Distribution Line (Drasco to Mountain View, Arkansas).
- Wetland Habitat Restoration – With over 50,000 acres of restored habitat, the leading private source for wetland habitat surveys and design in the state of Arkansas.
- Cellular Tower Sites (monopole, self-supporting towers, building attachments, rooftop structures, guy towers, water tank tower attachments) – Surveyed cellular towers sites in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. Provided the FAA 1-A and 2-C letters for cellular tower sites In Arkansas, (400+).
- Arkansas Professional Land Surveyors, #1647
- Member and Past President, Central Chapter of the Arkansas Society of Professional Surveyors (ASPS)
- Past Chairman, Education Committee of the Arkansas Society of Professional Surveyors (ASPS)
- Member, American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (ACSM)